Orrell Electrics Electrician Liverpool - Consumer Unit Upgrades Due

Emergency-Electricians-Liverpool



niceic-approved-electricians


Whilst working on an installation today I was replacing a socket outlet for a customer, as I took the socket face off I found the wiring to be unsatisfactory so I investigated further, it turned out the sockets had been connected via the lighting circuit. I had noted to the customer when quoting for the job that the wiring on show around the consumer unit was unsatisfactory but the best was yet to come when I removed the cover from the consumer unit:




This is one of the worst installations I have seen for a long time, the consumer unit is a mess and apparently the sockets I was working on were only installed 18 MONTHS AGO!!

I was actually half tempted to call the emergency electrician to ask him to explain why he had wired the sockets in lighting cable (1.5mm twin and earth) and why he had used the old red and black wiring colours.

Also the lights are wired in single insulated conductors which you can touch as the ceiling is very low in the garage, the customer was a very nice old lady who was a widow and lived alone, so basically this guy had ripped her off.

I do not know how the hell people are getting away with this standard of work, now this customer will have to spend more money to put this right, people I cannot say this enough - if you need an electrician go through the right channels via governing bodies ie NICEIC, ECA, NAPIT where the work is traceable and certificated.

Installations such as these are death traps!!

This is something that I will continue to highlight in the hope that people will get their electrics checked out.

If you want a competent electrician to visit your home or business give Orrell Electrics a call on 0151 526 9998 or 07894 272875

Or visit our website: www.orrellelectics.co.uk

Comments

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Residential Electrician

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please add your comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lighting your home in the winter

24 Hour Emergency Electricians Liverpool

24 Hour Electricians Liverpool - How To Choose The Right Company